Krishna Iyer Lectures
Justice V. R. Krishna Iyer (15 November 1914 – 4 December 2014) referred to as a conscience keeper of justice in India, was a visionary and a pathbreaking judge, who reformed the Indian criminal justice system with bold changes to jails & police stations, and forged new tools to dispense social justice & justice in the public interest. He stood up for the poor and the underprivileged, and remained a human rights champion, a crusader for social justice and the environment, and a doyen of civil liberties, throughout his life. He was also a sports enthusiast and a prolific author. He was conferred with the Padma Vibhushan in 1999.As Judge, he had two superlative qualities – closely akin to his English counter-part Lord Denning – an original and innovative mind and a compassionate heart.
Delhi Metropolitan Education organizes thought provoking series of talks that brings a range of experts and researchers from across the country for a spirited conversation. The purpose of the lecture series is to invite nationally renowned Judges, Law Scholars and Law Book Authors to campus to further the tradition of the humane letters, in particular in the disciplines of law and its contemporary issues.
Guest Lecture 2023
Lecture on Goals of Indian Constitution by Hon’ble Dr. Justice Mukundakam Sharma, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India on 19th October 2023. Book titled “Remaking Criminology: Contemporary: Contemporary Insights” was also launched.
Guest Lecture 2022
- Lecture on Constitutional Values by Hon’ble Mr. Justice Kurian Joseph on 10th January 2022
Guest Lectures 2021
- Law Reforms in India towards Victim Justice and Victim Compensation by Prof. (Dr.) Nirmal Kanti Chakrabarti, Vice-Chancellor, WB National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- Corporate Law from beginning till date and its impact on the Indian Economy’ by Prof. (Dr.) K.V.S Sarma, Vice-Chancellor, Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad.
- Gender sensitivity and the Judiciary in India: Is it necessary for administration of justice? By Prof. Dr. V.S. Elizabeth, Vice-Chancellor, TNNLU
Guest Lectures 2020
- Enhanced role of Arbitration in the post COVID world’ by Hon’ble Mrs. Justice Gyan Sudha Misra, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India.
- Role of ADR in reduction of pendency in Courts by Dr. EM Sudarsana Natchiappan, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of Indian and former union minister
- Freedom of Speech and Expression by Prof. (Dr.) K. C. Sunny, Vice-Chancellor, The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, NUALS Campus, Kochi