The teaching methods adopted for the Law-degree programme of DME are such as to promote multi-disciplinary inquiry and practical appreciation of problems. Right from formal classroom lectures and discussions, the teaching methodology comprises the practical training of case studies, Moot Courts and field project works. With an excellent faculty-student ratio, the institute provides an exciting opportunity for the students to interact with their teachers who are always accessible on demand for interactive sessions. The extensive comments on the teaching, reading materials, availability for consultation etc. help the students and teachers alike for mutual dialogue on subject matters.
Now with Coll Poll ERP integration at the campus, collaboration among students and faculty members has increased. DME is moving in the direction of going paperless, adding transparency and providing ease of access to the students. Coll Poll has significantly supplemented and resulted in sustained learning during the COVID19 lockdown in India. DME devised Multimedia e-learning modules for all students and also incorporated ePSDA submission and presentations through CollPoll.
Numerous events are organised for the students including seminars, webinar, conferences and special lectures. In addition to the mainstream courses, students are provided well-rounded general education with exposure to the traditional liberal arts’ fields of study, in order to develop their abilities to communicate, both formal and non-formal, to think critically and creatively, and to access, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information.
PROGRAMME EDUCATION OBJECTIVES
- To prepare the professionals for career as lawyers, in non litigation field, judiciary, law officers by exposing them to the concepts, application of legal education & research.
- To lead the students for a successful career in corporate, litigation, judiciary etc by developing awareness among them in various legal dimensions to solve legal problems.
- To develop ethically responsible law professional who can be instrumental in speedy delivery of justice to the society.
- To boost the advocacy skills among students and eventually convert them in to employment generators rather than jobs seekers.
- To create value through conscientious legal teaching and research for social good in ethical context.
Students of BALLB/BBALLB Five Year Integrated Programme at the time of graduation will be able to-
- Critical Thinking: Take informed actions after identifying the assumptions that frame our thinking and actions, checking out the degree to which these assumptions are accurate and valid, and looking at our ideas and decisions (intellectual, organizational, and personal) from different perspectives.
- Effective Communication: Speak, read, write and listen clearly in person and through electronic media in English and in one Indian language, and make meaning of the world by connecting people, ideas, books, media and technology.
- Social Interaction: Elicit views of others, mediate disagreements and help reach conclusions in group settings.
- Effective Citizenship: Demonstrate empathetic social concern and equity centered national development, and the ability to act with an informed awareness of issues and participate in civic life through volunteering.
- Ethics: Recognize different value systems including your own, understand the moral dimensions of your decisions, and accept responsibility for them.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the issues of environmental contexts and sustainable development.
- Self-directed and Life-long Learning: Acquire the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context socio-technological changes.